Since July 1, 2018 we have been preparing our Schumpeter Venture Fund. After executing two initial warehousing investments into EMIL and AIR and the build-up of an exciting and very unique start-up pipeline we have recently changed and extended our core team. Based on this we are in intense discussions with potential investors into the fund and have already received first commitments.
We are aiming towards a first closing by the end of 2019 and plan to invest into up to two new ventures as joint warehousing deals together with our initial fund investors during the course of Q4 2019.
The following gives a brief overview of the cornerstones of Schumpeter Ventures.
Schumpeter Ventures has a clear focus:
- Industry: Fintech, Insurtec and Cyber Security. For the latter we cooperate closely with Fraunhofer Institute SIT in Darmstadt.
- Geography: Focus is on Germany and Switzerland with potential selected investments in Europe, the US and Israel
- Stage: We initially invest in Seed & Series A investment rounds but are able to support our portfolio throughout their subsequent investment rounds.
To foster our ability to shape new business models, we have put together a unique combination of venture capital experience as well as industry and strategy consulting experience:
- Dr. Udo Bröskamp brings his industry and strategy consulting experience as well as the access to Bröskamp Consulting where required.
- Dr. Jan Claudio Munoz and Peter Borchers can look back on many years of VC experience, which they will put to use when selecting investment targets, supporting our portfolio and setting up our fund and its core governance and operational procedures.
- Daniel Gresch adds his industry experience, his strategic view as well as his in-depth knowledge of the Swiss market.
The senior team is currently supported by two juniors. The team will be extended as soon as we have closed the fund.
We have set-up a very systematic and rigid process of screening and evaluating the German and Swiss start-up market. Early pre-selection allows us to focus on ventures that have the potential to shape their industry.
One of our investments is EMIL, a fully digital mobility insurance platform. Having started as B2C model EMIL currently has particular success in providing cost effective and flexible platform solutions to established insurance players as well as to non-insurance companies such as telcos or retail.
As mentioned before, we have built up an interesting pipeline of further investment opportunities, which we are preparing in more detail over the course of the next weeks. Among them are
- AIR – creates a new approach to advice clients with respect to their overall product need. It addresses 100% share of wallet, integrates banking and insurance products and allows the client to build his opinion before revealing the existing product usage. The advisory process usually results in a midterm transformation plan with tripled revenues at less than 30% of existing costs. Based on a B2C start, AIR focuses on developing an advisory platform for IFAs as well as sales people in banks and insurances.
- Dyos – is a technology driven start-up that has created a blockchain passed banking platform. Includes wallet, fiat and crypto payment, a crypto trading app as well as artificial intelligence. At less cost, increased efficiency and state-of-the art technology, Dyos has all the ingredients to evolve as a blockchain based banking platform including savings and credit products in the future.
- VUSC – is a binary software scanner, that not only analyzes security weaknesses of the software code, but also includes concrete recommendations and open code to fix vulnerabilities. Being the only one of German origin, it has a unique selling proposition in itself. It is the research result of the Fraunhofer Institute SIT and will jointly be launched in a unique start-up constellation.
We look for investments from private individuals, family offices as well as private banks and insurance companies as well as public state banks on regional, national and European level. For your investment we provide a well-managed return of around 25% with significant upside looking forward.
If you are interested in Schumpeter Ventures – either as an investor or as a start-up, do not hesitate to contact Stephanie Straskraba via stkschumpeter.vc or via phone on +49 069 7137 98923.